• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 24, 2019

    Dishonored He only cares about his safe apparently

    Dishonored He only cares about his safe apparently


    He only cares about his safe apparently

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 05:40 AM PDT

    My contributions inktober on behalf of the outsider

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 01:40 AM PDT

    Should we gather for whiskey and cigars tonight?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 08:13 PM PDT

    Whale Oil Containers

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 09:30 AM PDT

    If you know, you know. (is this cryptic enough for those who do know?)

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 02:29 PM PDT

    Does the outsider really die

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 02:52 PM PDT

    So im just got my dishonerd book the veiled terror and before i start which ending in death of the outsider is cannon?

    submitted by /u/Notpartofthemafiea
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any people who don't like Emily or that she is the canon character?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 05:44 AM PDT

    I was wondering why I don't enjoy playing as Emily and blamed it on her powers. But I was able to enjoy playing as Billie Lurk despite not being fond of her powers and hating the DOTO story. So I came to the conclusion that it has something to do with her character. I can't make myself to like anything about her. Nor her look, which reminds me of anime and seems too polished and usual for this game, not her abilities, not her lack of character. Interestingly, I liked her when she was a child. She seemed like a naughty, smart and rebellious kid who could grow up into something interesting. This is not to say that Corvo is a super interesting and his comments in D2 are quite dull. But he has badass powers, badass mask and some dramatic love story. Corvo, Daud and Billie Lurk all have interesting and iconic look that tells a story on its own. Corvo has a history that makes him more mysterious. You wonder how he ended up being the Royal Protector, how he ended up being in love with the Empress. Being silent in D1 fits him and his profession and makes him seem even more badass.

    Emily feels like a boring girl without any personality or interests apart from her throne. She seems too average for this game where almost every other character is a weirdo, genius or something very contradictional. If I was to describe her, I could not find any words...but dull.

    What do you think? Do you agree or can you point me at something that I maybe overlooked in her?

    Everybody seem to like her and I feel almost like something is wrong with me. But she annoys the crap out of me with her mainstreamness and lack of any quirks. I understand that my opinion might be very unpopular, but I'm glad I finally expressed it and can move on with my disappointment :D

    submitted by /u/Kitcat81
    [link] [comments]

    Help needed with the songs of Serkonos achievement/trophy

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 09:53 AM PDT

    So If I alert or kill the singers in mission 6 after hearing to them sing, will they appear in mission 8? I have robbed no black markets just to be safe and I am doing a high chaos playthrough and this will be my last trophy are this playthrough and I don't really want to play without robbing black markets again.

    Thanks for the help :)

    submitted by /u/devshah1811
    [link] [comments]

    How old did you say your sister was?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 05:46 AM PDT

    There is a lot of misinformation regarding achievements surrounding these games. Maybe a sticky would help?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 02:22 AM PDT

    I'm sure a lot of you guys have been in this position at some point. Trying to get clean hands and ghost, but not knowing exactly what breaks these achievements and what doesn't. So you Google it. And EVERYONE says something different and you don't know what to believe.

    Dogs count as kills? Rats eating unconscious bodies breaks clean hands? Guards waking up other guards? What counts as an alert? How many sparks? Found bodies breaking ghost? Unconscious bodies falling breaks clean hands? Do the plants break ghost? Do hacked pylons count as kills? Can I kill the fucking rats with no consequence?

    These are all (and more) questions I have googled on my quest to be a stealth master. And Every. Single. One came up with conflicting answers. Eventually I somehow did get ghost and clean hands, but it wasn't easy trying. I wish I had all the info but I don't, but if there is someone out there that has definitive answers, it would help the community out if you can compile them into a thread and then have it stickied so people can hopefully find it while they're on their Google adventure.

    Anyway I made this post because I had yet another question that turned up with conflicting answers - yesterday I posted a pic here where I unknowingly broke clean hands in the knife of dunwall expansion. I have not moved on past this mission. Can I redo this mission from the mission select screen and still get clean hands?

    submitted by /u/triablos1
    [link] [comments]

    Did I mess up my Low Chaos run?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 11:52 PM PDT

    I'm playing for the first time, and I'm trying to go Low Chaos, trying to kill only the targets. (and other npcs I find particularly awful, like the madame at The Golden Cat.)

    I finished killing High Regent Burrows, and I return to The Hound Pits, and everything seemed strange. Trevor snaped at Martin for no reason, Emily was drawing pictures of Corvo covered in blood and talked about hurting people, and crashing ships together.

    The misson where I killed The High Regent did give me a High Chaos ranking because I kill several guards, but it's my only High Chaos ranking so far.

    Was all of that weird stuff hallucinations from the poison, or because of my High Chaos? Can I still get the Low Chaos ending?

    submitted by /u/insane677
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Billie Lurch

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 07:49 PM PDT

    Let me start off by apologizing if these questions have been answered already. I recently did another play-through of Death to the Outsider (DTO) and I had a few questions *potential spoilers* concerning Billie Lurch and one about the ending.

    My first question is why is she uninjured at the start? She has 2 eyes and 2 arms, but when you first meet up with the Outsider he takes away an eye and an arm to match how she looks in Dishonored 2. Why does she look different at the beginning of DTO? Was there an ending in Dishonored 2 that I missed but is considered cannon? Is this an alternate time line version of her?

    My second question is, if she doesn't have the mark of the outsider why does she have abilities? I know after she meets him she gets abilities from the red eye and the mystical arm but she was able to communicate with rats before that happened. How was she able to do that? I don't know why she never got the mark of the outsider, I know she asked him why he never spoke to her but his answer seemed like it was skirting the answer.

    My last question deals with the ending so spoilers for sure. The goal for the Void suggest there are two ways to complete the level, one is to kill the outsider and the other is to spare him. When I choose to spare him, Daud talks a bit and ultimately tells you to kill him, but there are no hints or indication as to how to spare him at that point. Your only option is to assassinate him. Is there truly another way? Did I miss something? If I spare him is there another ending? Okay that last one was several questions. I love this whole franchise and I get such a kick out of going back and just exploring every part of the games that I can. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Craig_VB
    [link] [comments]

    [Discussion] How powerful, objectively, is the Outsider?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 05:37 PM PDT

    We know that the Outsider is powerful, he possesses great knowledge and can give powers to people. But is that the extent of his power? Say the Outsider wanted to topple the empire, or kill Corvo. Could he, himself, do it? Or could he only do it through proxies and influence?

    submitted by /u/YeetDeSleet
    [link] [comments]

    Chaos System Mechanics for D1 and D2?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 06:14 PM PDT

    I'm wondering if anyone here knows the exact details about the Chaos system mechanics in D1 and D2?

    I'm referring to details at the most precise level - i.e. something like "Chaos is an integer between 0 and 100, with high chaos = (total > 60), and killing a soldier adds 2 to the total, helping this person out subtracts 1 and so on.

    I tried searching online but no one seems to have more than a very broad generalization such as the one at the dishonored wiki (https://dishonored.fandom.com/wiki/Chaos).

    Does anyone have more insight into how chaos is computed and what the cutoffs are to trigger different dialogs/outcomes?

    submitted by /u/TenkaTohkaGurenLagan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment