• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 30, 2020

    Dishonored How my stupid ass got to Delilah instead of just climbing the rocks. Thoroughly enjoyed the game. Planning a second high chaos - lethal playthrough as Crovo.

    Dishonored How my stupid ass got to Delilah instead of just climbing the rocks. Thoroughly enjoyed the game. Planning a second high chaos - lethal playthrough as Crovo.


    How my stupid ass got to Delilah instead of just climbing the rocks. Thoroughly enjoyed the game. Planning a second high chaos - lethal playthrough as Crovo.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 08:43 AM PST

    Corvo is the best sleep therapist.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 02:28 PM PST

    It feels appropriate to post this here

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 04:21 AM PST

    The mask for my Pax East Corvo cosplay! Just have to install some gels for the lenses

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 11:11 AM PST

    The Ceremonial Head of Cromwell reminds me of something the Outsider would cook up.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 12:43 PM PST

    Dishonored 2's New Game+ mode is top tier.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 01:41 PM PST

    Being able to combine powers from both characters, carrying over runes, etc. This has to be the most rewarding New Game+ mode that I have played.

    submitted by /u/TreChomes
    [link] [comments]

    This person did good https://instagram.com/automn.o?igshid=1t57fnw8i6ybj

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 05:06 PM PST

    Can't find that picture. Can someone help me out?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 09:39 PM PST

    I'm looking for the shot of Corvo (maybe it was Daud) where he's jumping down on an unsuspecting guard with his arm back and sword lifted overhead. It's a really aggressive pose and looks like he's jumping off one of the guard stations they have on every street. And the camera angle is low, looking up at the guard and past him to Corvo in the middle of the air. I know it shows up in a flashback, one of those grey and white photos where a few elements shift over eachother to give the illusion of movement. Can someone link that screenshot for me? That would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/beboleche
    [link] [comments]

    Over halfway there.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 05:58 PM PST

    So today I finished my hardest playthrough yet on Dishonored. I had no powers except for blink. Didn't kill anyone. Was never spotted. When I was done I had 62% of all the trophies unlocked. This was fun and truly a great way to start my official platinuming of this game finally. Now to be a murderous psychopath and get the rest of the trophies.

    submitted by /u/ZStr1k3r
    [link] [comments]

    Immersion and The Problem with Dishonored's Storytelling

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 05:42 PM PST

    I'm a strong proponent of the idea that immersion is an important part of storytelling, and as someone who has played and thoroughly enjoyed the dishonored games as well as study its lore and story, I think it has an issue.

    the reason I think Dishonored 1 worked so well was two main things, simplicity, and immersion.

    simplicity in that theres clear motivation for Corvo and each event plays out in a relatively straightforward way.

    and the star of the show: Immersion. Corvo in D1 is a blank slate, his position is made clear but he never speaks or does anything out of the player's control. in essence, he is a pair of shoes for the player to fill.

    and that's why I think the first game is so good, immersion to the maximum. the emotional moments are there but subdued, as to not ask too much of the player.

    naturally, this is my issue with Dishonored 2. Corvo, whether or not you play as him, speaks, he gestures, hes a character of his own. those shoes and that name are filled by someone else, a voice we've never heard before. which I think is an inherent flaw of having a non-corvo playable character while keeping corvo as a character. its truly like having your cake and eating it. it just doesnt work, you never end up really caring what happens in the way you do in 1. just to put this into perspective, I beat dishonored 2 in about 4 days of on/off play, I beat dishonored 1 in one sitting. I was hooked.

    Dishonored's storytelling has dug itself into a hole of sorts, it wants corvo to be a character of his own but at the same time he wasnt made independent enough in the first game to work without having some Telltale level flexibility in character choices.

    thank you for coming to my ted talk

    (also discussion flair pls?)

    submitted by /u/Wulfrvm11
    [link] [comments]

    Power ideas

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 09:44 PM PST

    Dishonered power ideas

    submitted by /u/UlfurGaming
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment