• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 14, 2021

    Dishonored It's Always Good to see a Familiar Face

    Dishonored It's Always Good to see a Familiar Face


    It's Always Good to see a Familiar Face

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 03:37 AM PST

    Just discovered this franchise, WOW.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2021 04:36 PM PST

    I am sure that these posts are very common on this reddit and you have read tons of these, but I just had to express how amazing Dishonored is. I am blown away with how good the game looks, sounds, and feels. I'm not sure what the original releases resolution and framerate was, but I am playing at 144hz 1080p and it is one of the smoothest games I have ever played. The level design and audio is unbelievably immersive. Open world games are very popular, but they sometimes feel empty and duplicated. Dishonored feels hand crafted top down. Once I beat the DLC I will be moving onto 2 which from what I have seen is really good as well :)

    submitted by /u/famyott
    [link] [comments]

    Dishonored and Lovecraft

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 02:16 AM PST

    So I've been a long time fan of dishonered but sorta dropped off after Dishonored 2. And I'm also a very recent fan of the works of hp Lovecraft and I recently got done with a renewed playthrough of DOTO and is it just me or is the whole series just dripping with lovecraftian elements

    I never noticed on my first go through because I hadn't read or watched or known that much about Lovecraft but now I'm seeing it everywhere .

    The fact that the main locations are almost always related to water, being port towns or bring the method of travel. The main power source is based on the large tentacled whales from the deep. The fact that most levels have something to do with decay and slime.

    The idea of dark mysterious magics and cult activities (and yes I'm including the overseers as a cult)

    Even the dark, morbid and even twisted art follows that of Pickman

    And then there's the outsider. An undecipherable god of an Eldrich abyss who reminds me so greatly of nyarlathotep. The fact he bestows his mark on those he deems most interesting.

    And spoiler.

    The eye of the previous outsider is pretty much the god from the shunned house .

    Am I just the only one who's seeing this and is there anything else I may have missed?

    submitted by /u/lordodin92
    [link] [comments]

    Can i cure Dr hypattia and still get high chao

    Posted: 14 Feb 2021 10:21 AM PST

    I want to get all souvenirs in a high chaos run, but i think i have to cure hypattia to get the syringe. If i kill her after i cure him will i still get it?

    submitted by /u/shugmen2
    [link] [comments]

    Dishonored 2 ending doesn't pay attention to WHOM you are killing [Massive spoilers, do not read prematurely]

    Posted: 13 Feb 2021 11:18 PM PST

    At the end of the game in a high chaos playthrough, I've attempted multiple times to keep Megan Foster alive when learning the truth only to discover that the game ITSELF really has a stick up its ass about this particular character.

    • Megan doesn't tell you the truth because she thinks you're a cold-hearted killer, even if you've paid close attention to the kinds of people you kill. High chaos to her automatically means you're a bad person and you're scary.
    • If you kill her before taking her key and discovering her secret room, you have committed an act of murder. There's no way around this. You don't canonically know about her involvement with Daud so you have no reason to take her life.
    • If you pickpocket her then find the secret room, she runs away like a coward once you've had the opportunity to learn the truth about her
    • If you strangle her until unconscious, then learn about her, you have nothing but an "unconscious" body, however there's no reason for you to take such extreme measures. Regardless, Sokolov reacts in the exact same way WHETHER OR NOT Megan is alive or dead. If she's unconscious, he has the same meltdown he would if you carried her bullet-riddled corpse into the room. This makes no sense to me given the rest of the entire game relies heavily on knocking people out rather than taking a lethal route.

    Basically the game labels you as a terrible person for playing high chaos and decides you don't really deserve to get to learn about these things and THEN react to them. Either you're reacting to information you don't canonically know or you're too late to actually vindicate yourself because the information is no longer available, at least in its previous form.

    I don't like being treated like a villain in a video game for taking lives. The Dishonored franchise is fantastic but this is a really morally two-dimensional take on issues that in real life wouldn't be so black and white. I hope this doesn't come off as too salty but now on my fourth high-chaos playthrough, it's getting old. I really hope that in Dishonored 3, the chaos system is given a lot more of a just rebalancing.

    In the context of this game, I would say some people absolutely deserve to die, Megan Foster being one of them. The problem is the game itself doesn't seem to differentiate between a vengeful player who kills traitors and someone who hops around slashing the throat of every aristocrat, whaler and hooker he/she comes across (which if we're being completely honest I have done on several playthoughs). Some deaths have more moral weight than others.

    And I'm saying the words "Dishonored 3" with a bunch of bathing salts because it unfortunately seems like it will be a very long time until we have any news at all pertaining to it. I'm really excited to see where they take the series after the Outsider's death, but the chaos system will never not be a major gripe for me if the algorithm that decides whether or not you're a piece of shit isn't at least given a bit of a touch-up.

    submitted by /u/Shadowbanish
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment