• Breaking News

    Monday, February 1, 2021

    Dishonored Basically this sub

    Dishonored Basically this sub


    Basically this sub

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 06:38 AM PST

    Just replayed d2 after 4 years. My heart aches every time I read this.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 09:26 AM PST

    Outsider Drip

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 03:03 PM PST

    The only explanation.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 11:49 AM PST

    A few months ago I got a tattoo inspired by the outsider's mark, but didn't share the thing itself. Here's the drawing I paid a friend of mine to do and how it looks on my (admittedly skinny) forearm. Feel free to use or change it to your liking

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 09:32 PM PST

    Why did Arkane Retcon the universe’s Chronological Nomenclature for Dishonored 2?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 01:38 PM PST

    In the first game, on barrels of Dunwall Whiskey, "d. 758" is written ('d.' assumedly standing for 'distilled'). This tells me that the year on the in-universe calendar is around then. I've also seen '762' written on props sometimes, though it could be unrelated. I really like the idea of the Dishonored universe using its own calendar system, as they have their own months, etc., and I think it's cool if it extends to the actual year as well. Does anyone know why they changed it to the events having taken place in 1837 in the second game? Aside from the reference to Spring-Heeled Jack, of course. Apologies if reading this gave you a nosebleed.

    submitted by /u/skiivin
    [link] [comments]

    I'm not sure how I feel about DotO's gameplay

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 01:16 PM PST

    From a story and lore standpoint, I thought it was phenomenal. Same goes for the world design, I thought the levels looked so cool and told interesting stories.

    But aside from a few key missions, such as the bank, which I loved, I'm not sure I was a fan of the level design paired with Billie's powers.

    I only just this month got around to restarting and actually finishing 2, and it was phenomenal. With the first game I feel like the DLC surpassed the base game in the level design so I expected the same to happen here, and while I enjoyed it as a whole, I was a bit disappointed.

    Which brings me to Billie. Frankly I loved her character, but I hated how she played. I enjoyed that it was unique and at first I loved it, but the more I played the less in love I was.

    I'm not sure what the consensus of this game is on this sub, but while it was good imo, it falls short for me because the rest of the series is fantastic, not just good.

    submitted by /u/Jigglelips
    [link] [comments]

    Found a glitched window in the first game, in Emily’s room. The window across from it has the same glitch.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 02:14 PM PST

    Just completed my 12th playthrough of dishonoured 2. I genuinely love this game.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 05:43 PM PST

    Dishonoured 2, completed in a day. Not a speedrun, largely due to me spending a lot of time messing about time stop and generally exploring every inch of the level I hadn't explored before (I couldn't believe I hadn't found Hypatia's apartment before! Just never a route I took.)

    But can I just talk about some of the level designs in this game. Honestly, the biggest shame to me is that the most interesting level designs were every level but the first and last. But that aside - I just love Emily's power set. I think it was so different from Corvo's, and yet felt like it flowed just like his. And there's so much room for shenanigans, whether or not it is yeeting people through the air as Emily or using the classic combination of windblast and time and stop for some hillarious moments. Or the amount of precious detail in every level, every character's heart reading, and every level can be dissected, analysed, considered, and approached in so many ways.

    I've never engaged with the wider fandom. Honestly, this is my first time. But when I figured out that you could go from the kitchen to the main hall so quickly? Or when I learned to dive through Jindosh's mechanisms to get to his laboratory almost right away? Or when I figured out that a double-upgraded stun mine one-shot clockwork soldiers? It was amazing! And I think so many people give Dishonored so much credit for its originality (and I couldn't agree more) that they forget that Dishonored 2 has some genuinely amazing parts to it. Not to mention, new game + has some hilarious shenanigans combining their two kits, which I definitely intend to experiment with later on past my run of using nothing but rats and blowfly-assassinations to ghost the game with a frontal assault.

    All I'll say is this - Dishonoured deserves not only more games in the series, but more games like it. Why can't more games take this 3D approach to stealth games? With so much freedom and versatility of approach and immersive worldbuilding? Dishonoured is a single player game that is short, we can agree on that. But every level is so versatile, with such layered design, that I have gotten more play time out of it through sheer replay value alone.

    I just wish that develops realised that absolute gold Dishonored and Dishonored 2 are, and recognise that dishonored 2 only did as poorly as it did because of the problematic/buggy release.

    (Also, I prefer Emily by far to Corvo. Might be because I'm a lass. It's probably that.)

    submitted by /u/CrimsonHartless
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else live the game but don’t care about the story at all?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 03:51 PM PST

    Like ive played the game 20+ times or smth and it's my favorite game but i don't really care about the story.

    submitted by /u/anuseter4
    [link] [comments]

    Dishonored Definitive Edition's controller sounds on PS4?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 08:51 AM PST

    My PS4 controller plays the audio for powers and the heart's lines. Is there any way to turn this off and have the audio back on my main speakers? There's no option in the in-game settings for it. Searched reddit and other forums a bit but no luck. Anyone find a solution for this?

    I only know of the playing with a headset solution, but my partner and are I playing together so that's not really an option.

    submitted by /u/lovvtides
    [link] [comments]

    Displace is my favorite movement ability by far.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 02:28 AM PST

    I finally played Death of the Outsider, and it's my least favorite of the games including dlc. But displace saves it for me. With the "Rapid Displacement" Charm it can be used like a quick teleport just like blink, and it's normal usage allows for the player to set up clean kills with an escape built in, there's a charm that allows you to place two displaces which opens up even more plans of attack and escape. I love using this ability because it feels like how blink is used by other characters. I feel like the whalers of D1 (fitting as we are one in DotO). my rankings of the abilities now go 1. Displace 2. Redirecting Blink 3. Blink 4. Far Reach

    submitted by /u/xRiptidez
    [link] [comments]

    Blink and Far Reach range

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 12:10 AM PST

    Does anyone know the actual range for each of these in numbers? Both upgraded

    submitted by /u/Tsole96
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment