• Breaking News

    Friday, July 16, 2021

    Dishonored I hope this is a relatable feeling

    Dishonored I hope this is a relatable feeling


    I hope this is a relatable feeling

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 09:02 AM PDT

    Playing Dishonored (the first game especially) after COVID hits different.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 03:25 AM PDT

    It's surreal to adore this game and to play it year after year, and to now do my first post-pandemic playthrough to realise how close to the truth of pandemics Arkane were. The sorts of greed from governments, mismanagement and lack of understanding that goes around, the cult ways people try to deal with it, the ways people rebel against controls that might protect them.

    I've noticed this post-COVID effect in Endgame also, where life after the snap feels a lot like our lives after COVID. I just cannot believe I didn't consider Dishonored would feel that way too...

    This isn't an invitation to discuss politics, as that isn't wanted on this sub, and I get that.
    So let's keep that out.

    submitted by /u/VirgelFromage
    [link] [comments]

    Extremely amateur attempt at a Dishonored-style drawing [Me - Pen]

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 06:11 PM PDT

    LOOK OUT, FOLKS, THE MADMAN HAS DONE IT AGAIN! (This level was a b***h ��)

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    Looks like Fidget Spinner

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 10:28 AM PDT

    we do a little bit of trolling

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 01:01 AM PDT

    Does anyone know how to get to the other side . This is my second play but still couldn't find it

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 07:50 AM PDT

    [Game Maker's Toolkit] Dishonored 2 Designers Break Down the Clockwork Mansion

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 11:07 AM PDT

    I just platinumed DOTO and with that I have 100% all Dishonored games - No words to describe how special and great these games are!

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 08:03 AM PDT

    What if Delilah was Jessamine’s sister, but not the oldest sister? What if she was the younger of the two?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 11:02 AM PDT

    Something I haven't yet seen people contemplate when it comes to Delilah and her claim to the throne, is what if she is telling the truth about being Jessamine's sister. But what if she's lying about being the oldest sister?

    Think about it. If Delilah was Jessamine's younger sister, then that means the only thing standing between her and the throne is a few months of age. On top of that, she was likely kicked out of Dunwall tower between the age of five and seven. Considering Jessamine tattled and that's the behaviour of a young child. Not to mention the paintings Delilah uses to illustrate the events show them as being quite young and in a very similar age range. They were close enough in age to be playmates, which means they were close enough in age that either one could have been the older or younger of the two and it would have been believable.

    It's probably safe to assume Delilah's mother died within a few months to a year of that happening. Which means that a six or eight year old would have had to remember that she was older than her sister and by exactly how much? Not likely. Hell, she may not have remembered her actual birthdate if she was that young and there were no adults around to remind her. She probably didn't even have a birth certificate if she was lower-class. Even if she did, I doubt she'd know where it was after being thrown out of Dunwall tower on such short notice.

    Not to mention Emperor Euhorn Kaldwin only rose to power because the previous Empress (Larisa Olaskir) failed to produce any heirs before she was killed. So it's feels like an educated guess to assume that one of his top priorities would be producing a legitimate heir (Jessamine) before he'd let a random "lower class" servent walk around pregnant with his child (Delilah). Lest his line suffer the same fate as the one that came before it. We know how classist and snobby the nobles in DH and DH2 are. It seems plausible that he wouldn't have had unprotected šëx with random kitchen staff until his line and heir were secured.

    I know Delilah claims to be Jessamine's "older sister" in the intro of Dishonored 2, but she would have had to say that in order to have any claim to the throne, regardless of her actual age. At least while Emily is alive and well. Otherwise she'd still be a Princess, just as her father stated. Notice how there is no evidence to indicate that she actually has a claim to the throne? We see a lot to the suggest that she's a Kaldwin, but nothing that would indicate she's the rightful ruler of the Empire.

    I know Delilah has a hard set birthdate in the Dishonored wiki. I just find it hard to believe that a young child with no parents, who more than likely never got to celebrate her birthday would have remembered it to the day. Even still, what's to stop her from forging a new birth certificate and straight up lying? In the context of my theory it's possible that Delilah actually believes she's the oldest and is delusional or she's simply lying for obvious strategic reasons. Severe early childhood trauma whether it happened when she was five or six, or in later years when she was ten or eleven, could have messed with her memories.

    If I'm missing something obvious that everyone else is aware of, please let me know. I recently replayed all of the Dishonored franchise on my PS4 including The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches. Sometimes I can be really perceptive about some things and totally miss other more obvious information. So I don't know how sound this theory is. Let me know what you think!

    submitted by /u/SilverSaboteur
    [link] [comments]

    Question.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 01:01 PM PDT

    What am I allowed and not allowed to use for a mostly flesh and steel playthrough?

    submitted by /u/dwaynejhonson-plush
    [link] [comments]

    Good source for reading the books/comics?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 01:44 PM PDT

    Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything. I just finished all the games and I want to read the books/comics. They aren't available to purchase or get in a library in my area. Is there an online source for reading them?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/tractiion
    [link] [comments]

    The Weepers were perfectly designed to make me terrified

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 08:42 PM PDT

    i beat the first game twice (now working on second) and the weepers seem like they were engineered to be terrifying for me, my main fears are knowing that something is coming but not knowing when it will arrive, jump scares and the unknown, i am creeped out by their appearance so i dont study them so i dont know how they work, they seem to search endlessly if they detect me in any way, in the boyle party level on one side of the river i went in the weeper house and triggered them i then fled as far as i could, when i was trying to figure out how to get into the boyle party i was attacked by the weeper out of the blue, i had heard the weeper noises along the way but i assumed they were from nearby buildings, my route had to weepers on it, that one weeper had been following me but not in attack mode that entire time just to make me sh*t myself. i dont know if that was a glitch but now whenever i do the flooded district level i have to google upbeat music or i cant play the level. so far the nest keepers in the second game are far tamer but i have only seen one, are there groups later?

    submitted by /u/the-dark-doggy
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a full dishonored lore order/guide for a first time player?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 09:11 PM PDT

    I have just finished my first play through of the first dishonored and loved it. I plan to make another one to achieve the 2nd ending. I was wondering if anyone on this sub had a recommendation for which DLC to buy (I am going to buy Knife of Dunwall and Bridgemore witches), are the other DLC worth it? And beyond that I heard there are comics as well? If so, what order should those be read in and after which game? If there are any other pieces of dishonored media that adds to the plot/universe I would be glad to hear it as well.

    BTW plz keep it spoiler free, just asking for a list how you guys think I should go about enjoying the franchise.

    submitted by /u/Melodic_Caramel5226
    [link] [comments]

    How to access dishonoured 2 new game plus on ps4?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 11:08 AM PDT

    The key code is “420“

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 10:59 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment