• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 30, 2021

    Dishonored The gloves symbol in Slovak LIDL supermarkets slightly resembles the Black Market shop symbols from Dishonored 2

    Dishonored The gloves symbol in Slovak LIDL supermarkets slightly resembles the Black Market shop symbols from Dishonored 2


    The gloves symbol in Slovak LIDL supermarkets slightly resembles the Black Market shop symbols from Dishonored 2

    Posted: 30 Dec 2021 09:30 AM PST

    Playing Dishonored for the first time - why do people say the graphics are "dated" - they look so good

    Posted: 30 Dec 2021 09:39 AM PST

    Hey Gang,

    Playing Dishonored for the first time after hearing about it a lot over on r/patientgamers and the game gets rave reviews on that sub, BUT I heard a fair bit that the graphics are "dated". Actually these graphics are some of the best I have ever seen (and I just finished playing RE Village). Like I think the visual style of this game is really quite nice and technically the graphics on faces and facial structures and not at the level of the facial graphics in say Control (which has the best facial structure graphics I have ever seen), but like.....overall this game looks amazing.

    submitted by /u/countingbeans81
    [link] [comments]

    Best use of the hook mine I've pulled off yet.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2021 06:47 PM PST

    Oil painting with Duke Abele

    Posted: 29 Dec 2021 06:55 PM PST

    Third Eye is now my new favourite bonecharm. The sync with the music made it 100x better

    Posted: 30 Dec 2021 01:34 AM PST

    Finally replaying Dishonored 2! Doing a stealth high chaos run with the OG Corvo - trying to get achievements!

    Posted: 30 Dec 2021 05:11 AM PST

    I’ve played through D1 four times and thanks to the current winter sale…I’m already in my second run on D2. If theirs one thing I would add…

    Posted: 29 Dec 2021 10:38 PM PST

    …I so so so soooooo desperately want a map and mission editor. I love the games so deeply, and the art style of the dishonored games is second to none. Having a mission/map editor has been the only thing on my mind for almost a week now. And I've been brainstorming what that would look like.

    Come on devs let me scratch that sandboxing itch.

    submitted by /u/Lord_blep
    [link] [comments]

    My ideas for a dishonored TV series

    Posted: 29 Dec 2021 07:55 PM PST

    Earlier today I was thinking about how I would do a dishonored TV series, and I thought I might as well share my ideas with someone.

    I would set it in dunwall, around the time of D1, and have it focus on the Whalers and specifically Daud and Billie Lurk. This way, we still have a familiar setting and charecters, but don't thread on the same territory of the main game for the most part. Also, I just like Billie and Daud and want to see more of them.

    The episodes would be mostly self contained stories, and be 40-60 minutes long. There would be some narration by the outsider, but mostly just at the start of episodes. It could follow a sort of "monster of the week" formula, where we see Daud and Billie perform various jobs for different people and groups. Seams a perfect way to show us different parts of dunwall and the people therein. For instance, one episode they could infiltrate the Abby of the Everyman to take down a specific overseer, and the next sneak into a fancy party and assassinate noble.

    Over the course of the series, we could learn more about Daud and Billie, and prehaps even some more minor charecters and groups. An episode about slackjaw, or the brigmore witches. Of course, the series has to have some sort of connecting plot as serieses do, so I would have it focus Billie Lurk and her journey as she decides to betray Daud. This time however, we'd see it from Billie's perspective. At the finale of the series, Billie would betray Daud, they'd have a fancy magic sword dual, and Daud would defeat Billie, but decide to spare her.

    And since it's my fantasy and I can do what I want, I'll renew myself for a second season, this time focused on Delilah. Alternate between the "present" (the years before D2) where Delilah is growing in power and planning for the coup, and flashbacks from her past. We can see things like her return, or parts of the Brigmore Witches from her perspective. We can also see an episode focused on the past, where Daud defeats her and traps her in the painting. This would serve two purposes, one to set up the reason why Delilah suddenly has to be summoned from the void, and two too rap up the Delilah loose end at the end of the first season. Also, this season would include an entire episode dedicated to Breanna Ashworth.

    Anyway, that's how I would do it. How would you do it? What are your thoughts on my idea? Do you even think it's a good idea to make a dishonored series at all?

    submitted by /u/The_Traveler42
    [link] [comments]

    How can you mod the game?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2021 07:05 PM PST

    Looking to try to mod the game just so I can play around without mana limits and stuff, any help?

    submitted by /u/Destroydew534
    [link] [comments]

    Help needed for D2: Perfect stealth run halted by Bethesda's magic touch on the last mission

    Posted: 29 Dec 2021 06:03 PM PST

    [SOLVED]

    I just completed the mission. My problem was that I assumed that the mission was meant to end just by placing her on the throne, not knowing about the Corrupted Rune. Ignoring the objective markers and following through online guides worked for me. I'm keeping the post up, just in case it can help anybody else.

    [OLD POST]

    Just got to the end of the last mission without being spotted and without killing anybody (on Very Hard, might I add). I went inside the painting and choked out every replica along with the real Delilah. But then things got weird, and have continued to get weird no matter what I try doing.

    Bugs

    Delilah, after spawning in through the pillar of light that appears after I choke out the last replica, stands completely still (except for looking side to side) unless I grab her attention by letting her see me or making a noise. Her Blood Briars act like usual.

    Holding Delilah while in the painting points the objective marker to the bottom right of my screen (towards her body on my shoulder) in a bugged way that hasn't happened for any other target. This only happens after the first time I pick her up.

    Leaving the painting (regardless of whether I triggered the aforementioned marker bug) will set a "To Delilah" marker back on the painting, despite her being in my arms (or on the ground, or after placing her on her throne, etc.). Then if I enter the painting with Delilah, the game correctly points towards her (and still does the bug where it points to her as I am carrying her). Without Delilah, the marker tells me she is a little over 500 meters away, at a random spot to the left of the entrance way beyond the level.

    After wondering what I was doing wrong (this is my first playthrough, so at first I had no idea that the game was breaking), I googled a guide and discovered that actually, the next step was to place her on her throne outside the painting. Ignoring the markers, I could take her body to the throne and hit F to trigger the cutscene where he places her on it, but then the cutscene ends and nothing else happens. The markers still want me to enter the painting realm and jump off in search of a place several football fields too far to reach, my daughter is still stuck as rock along with everyone else, this was a dead end.

    How I've tried to fix it, so far

    • I verified the game files through Steam. Nothing was wrong.
    • I restarted from earlier points in the mission:
      • A save from before I took the elevator upstairs
      • A save from before I used the heart on Delilah
      • A save from before I entered the painting
    • I've tried doing a few different things differently:
      • Killing the replicas instead of knocking them unconscious
      • Hitting a nearby wall with my sword so that Delilah moves from her starting position, before knocking her out
      • Allowing her to detect me, before knocking her out in combat
      • Killing all of the Blood Briars
      • Sneaking up to her throne above the entrance without touching any of the replicas. When I leave the painting after doing this, the game correctly marks her (except still with the carrying mark bug), and placing her in the throne doesn't work properly. It triggers an autosave, but still marks her as a target, and Emily cannot be interacted with.

    I haven't found any mentions of this bug online, leaving me with two equally unsavory options: kill her and ruin the non lethality, or replay the whole mission and hope that something magically changes this time around. Todd Howard has a sick sense of humor, but if you guys can help me see the end credits through the game and not the internet, I would forever be indebted.

    P.S. This isn't the first time bugs in this franchise have stopped me from completing playthroughs. I wanted to do a lethal ghost run of D1 until I realized that Shadow Kill wasn't working properly, with enemies noticing bodies that visibly disappeared a while ago. This has been mentioned on the Steam forums but the only solution I could find was to verify Steam files, which did not work. This bug has persisted through different installs of the game.

    submitted by /u/hide_thechildren_now
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment